Saturday, November 14, 2009

My money is enjoying Vegas right now!

I guess you could say it's the next best thing to being there...

My mom and my extremely fun aunt left for Vegas last night to attend my (one of many) cousin's wedding at Wynn tonight. The wedding will be followed by a reception at Caesars Palace, and everyone will be transported from Wynn to Caesars via buses hired by another one of my cousins (the bride's uncle). Very nice! Only the bride knows that my mom and my aunt are coming - it's a surprise for everyone else until they get to the chapel for the ceremony.

Anyway, my mom called me while she played $20 through a Gold Fish machine at Harrah's for me. I sent a total of $40 with her - along with my Harrah's player's card - to see if my money is luckier in Vegas without me being there to actually witness the play. Sadly, she didn't hit any bonus rounds on my first $20. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to find out if my second $20 is luckier than the first $20.

At least I got to HEAR Vegas, but I really miss the sights. Since my next Vegas trip isn't until April 2010, I have a loooooong time to wait. *Sigh*...I'll just be waiting right here...

My aunt apparently has the golden touch so far today. She was playing a Mermaid's Gold slot machine right next to my mom while mom played MY money through the Gold Fish machine, and my aunt got bonus round after bonus round while we were on the phone. She ended up cashing out $110 from her $10 investment as they got ready to head out for breakfast. Lucky!

I hope they have a great time. I planned out a few of their events and booked their airfare and hotel for them, and I just wish I could've taken the time to head to Vegas with them, but it just wasn't possible.

To anyone heading out to Vegas soon, best of luck to you! I hope you have a great time, too.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to your cousin.
    I wonder why she decided to have the reception at Ceasars and not the Wynn.

    Deanne? Did she video (with her cell phone) the slot so we can watch while your twenty was being played? That would be so much fun! Too bad she told you the outcome, how much more exciting that would be to watch. Oh the suspense!

    Susan, visitor #503 - Stll enjoying your blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. My cousin is a CPA, and although she and her soon-to-be-hubby each make a LOT of money, they could not see spending the $$$ on the per person offerings at the Wynn. They are having a private reception for 60 people at Caesars, and it is being catered.

    But, please! My mom thought my little Kodak EasyShare camera was complicated (turn it on, point, shoot, DONE!). I attempted to show her how to use her camera phone and she couldn't get the button sequence down, so I gave up. Now, my aunt could probably do it, but you have to remember that she has Gambling ADD (my definition - it's copyrighted) and she would be ALL OVER with a video of anything.

    I'm just glad my money is able to enjoy Vegas even when I can't. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!