Friday, June 15, 2012

Show review: Human Nature at Imperial Palace

A view from our seats - not bad!

During our March 2012 trip,  my mom and I FINALLY got the chance to see Human Nature at Imperial Palace.  I had wanted to see them for a couple of years, and I'd been disappointed during my July 2011 trip when they cancelled the show before I even got to Vegas.  Bummer.  At least I got a full refund.

General admission tickets were $44 each through Goldstar.com, and well worth the price.   The booths were all reserved for VIP guests, but we did upgrade to center seats in the second tier, as our original ones were in the lower tier and off to the left, away from the stage.  A $10 tip to the maitre' d was not necessary but appreciated.  As with most theater shows with tables, a waitress came around to take drink orders before the show began.  Wine was $6-$8 a glass.  No $150 bottles offered here, which is good, because $150 bottles of anything are stupid to buy.

The show was absolutely fantastic!  From beginning to end it was a great show with lots of energy, and there was lots of audience participation, too.   The four Australian guys give their backgrounds - from singing in their parents' back yard to performing in private meetings for Motown greats - while sharing the songs that helped them get their wonderful harmonies together and make them fan favorites today.

The four Aussies - brothers Michael and Andrew Tierney, along with school friends Toby Allen and Phil Burton - make up the talented and handsome group.  They are easy on the eyes AND the ears, and their show keeps you moving from the very first time they step foot on stage.

Originally signed by Smokey Robinson as the 4Trax, they changed their name and haven't looked back.  The group has performed on many TV specials and tours on occasion, but they currently take up residence in the Imperial Palace Theater on the 5th floor of the hotel and are the only Aussie band to date to headline in a showroom on the Las Vegas Strip.  From covering songs like "My Girl" and "Baby I Need Your Lovin'" to "I'll Be There", the foursome showcases their group harmonies as well as their individual singing talents.  They are truly a show to see in Las Vegas.

 After the show, the group exits the showroom and poses for photos and signs autographs for the audience.  We wanted to get souvenirs or autographs, but it was too crowded to wait around.  You can tell they are well loved, and I hope to see them perform again someday.
It doesn't look that crowded, but I was holding my camera above my head.
This is one of the best Vegas shows I've seen to date, and I give it a perfect 10.  A great lineup, no bad seats in the entire theater and lots of fun and energy make this show a must see.

Check out their Imperial Palace performance schedule and/or book tickets here:  Motown at IP!

Or check out their own website here: Human Nature

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!