Friday, June 29, 2012

Link to blog entry: Dewey's recent experience with bed bugs (!)

If you have read my blog for any length of time, you know that my friend Dewey (from the LasVegas4Ever site, and a really nice guy in person, too) travels to Vegas frequently and stays for extended periods of time.


He tends to stay in very affordable hotels, moves quite a bit during his trips, and pays next to nothing for the privilege because he scouts out websites and plans his stays to make the most of his budget on each trip.


Because of this, he sees many, many more hotel rooms than I ever will, and he is especially diligent about checking for bed bugs before he even puts his bags away.  Also because of this, he has FOUND bed bugs at several hotels, and on a recent trip he had an experience at the Four Queens downtown that was actually handled very well.  Here is a link to his blog entry about the experience:


Icky!

Remember that bed bugs don't care about their surroundings, but YOU should.  Check the bedding at every hotel, even the 5-star kind.  You never know who was there before you and what they might have inadvertently left behind for you to take home as a souvenir.  I don't think your family would be especially pleased with this particular gift.


Here is a link to the main page of Dewey's website (but it's also listed under my favorites on the right-hand side of the page if you lose it):  


Dewey's blog

I always enjoy reading Dewey's entries because I love his writing style...even when the subject is not a happy one.

1 comment:

  1. Wow. Thanks for the praise. I finally managed a template with a gadget of favorite links, so I have you up there. Actually, I looked at the template you used and worked from there.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!