Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Customer service review for Stack @ The Mirage - a surprising revelation and my personal opinion

I just got this news clip/restaurant service review link from over at LV4E, and I must say that I was a little shocked by the treatment of this customer, who just happened to be an influential blogger from the LA Times:

http://vegasblog.latimes.com/vegas/2009/10/customer-service-bellyflops-at-stack-at-mirage.html

But let me say this: it could've been an isolated incident. Also, we are only hearing one side of the story. Regardless, it is still very bad customer service - especially in these harsh economic times - to be treated this way by anyone in the customer service industry. Heck, no one deserves to be treated like that anywhere, anytime.

The blogger brings up the point that the restaurant is owned by the ruling family of Dubai, and that the doormen were the only people who treated him badly. Again, it doesn't matter who was in the wrong, or who treated whom badly, it's certainly going to get more airtime thanks to the fact that the person they decided to pick on writes for the LA Times.

I have wanted to eat at Stack and still plan on making it my dining destination at some point in the future. Will this "incident" make me a little more wary? Maybe yes, maybe no. The thing is, people are treated differently everyday, everywhere, and there is no rhyme or reason to their treatment. Regardless of what the truth really is, the fact is this: people will stand up and take notice of the restaurant, for better or worse, and the article may influence their decision to dine there.

That's just my two cents.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!