Monday, July 27, 2009

Cafe' Bellagio - restaurant review for breakfast

During my recent stay at the Bellagio, I decided to try Cafe' Bellagio for a meal because I'd heard such good things about the food and the atmosphere. On my final morning in Vegas, I realized I needed to get down there before I missed another opportunity.

I got to the Cafe' at 8:30 a.m., and there was absolutely no line at all. The seating hostess asked if I wanted to sit at a table or if I minded sitting at the bar, and I decided to try the bar area because of the interesting-looking bottle display behind it.

They have a pretty extensive breakfast menu, and I was immediately drawn to their omelet selections. I couldn't help but do an "eeny-meeny-miney-moe" when choosing my omelet because so many of them sounded absolutely delicious. I finally landed on the Bellagio Classic Omelet: a three-egg omelet with Maine lobster, diced asparagus, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese. It was served with a side of toast and hash browns, as well. Cost was $16 for the omelet, and the total with my coffee and the tax came to $21.62 before trip.

I have to say that it was the best omelet I've ever had! The eggs were perfectly cooked, with just enough veggies and cheese to make it a good combination but not overly veggie, and the Maine lobster tail placed inside was absolutely delicious and buttery-tasting. Along with the toast and hash browns - and the coffee I needed to fully wake up - it was an extremely delicious and satisfying meal. It was a huge undertaking to do it, but I managed to finish every single bite of the omelet. I resisted the urge to lick my plate clean.

While dining at the bar, I took the time to check out the interesting bottles on the shelves behind it (some functional and others for display only), and I made sure that I took a good peek at the rest of the restaurant, as well. It is laid out in an "L" shape, and the tables are all arranged with plenty of space to walk between them and not feel like you'll fall over another diner. In addition, the open area facing the conservatory makes for excellent people-watching, and the large windows facing the pool area offer the same opportunities and allow for a lot of natural light in the whole restaurant.

My waitress had a lot of customers sitting at the bar that morning, and that could be why they asked if I wanted to sit at the bar (besides being alone): because of staffing. Coffee refills were a little slow, but other than that the service was quick and very good. I think I waited maybe 5 minutes for my food to arrive, and I spent that time people-watching, so it wasn't like I was tapping my foot or anything.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give Cafe' Bellagio a 9.75. If I'd had top-notch coffee service, I think it would've been absolutely perfect.

For a nice, relaxing meal in a great atmosphere, I'm looking forward to trying this restaurant again.

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a delicious breakfast. I do have one question however; wouldn't the buffet have been a better value? As far as I can remeber you can still get lobster as an ingredient in your omelet. (Although I do believe they were chopped up pieces.) I do not mean to criticize your choice of the cafe, I was just wondering if there was a reason you would pick it over the buffet at Bellagio.

    Rounder

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was on my "to do" list - I'd had the Bellagio buffet for dinner the night before (what a pig I am!), and I was eating at the Cafe' for the first time. I have to get things off my "to do" list sometime! :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!