Monday, November 7, 2011

Restaurant Review: Breakfast Buffet @ Grand Lux at The Venetian

It was a nice, quiet walk to the Venetian on the second morning of my July 2011 trip for the breakfast buffet I’d heard such good things about from other members of the LasVegas4Ever board.  I decided I wasn't impressed AT ALL after seeing the selection and size of the buffet, and I won't be wasting my money on a second buffet there.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Grand Lux as a restaurant, but they shouldn't bother offering a buffet within the restaurant because it's just not worth the price, I think.  They have fantastic food and lots of choices on their regular menu, and I can share lots of different items with my friends if I so choose, but I was extremely disappointed in the choices - or lack thereof - when it comes to a breakfast buffet.

They had waffles, bacon, sausage, scrambled eggs, cereal, bagels and toppings, hash browns, yogurt and fruit available.  But no Eggs Benedict?  How can you have a Vegas breakfast buffet with no Eggs Benedict?!?  No pancakes?  No casseroles?  Nothing out of the ordinary at all?  I should’ve ordered off the menu, instead.  

The price of the breakfast buffet includes coffee (which was too strong) and OJ (which was very good).  But $16.50+tax for their limited selection is not a good deal, in my opinion.  I won’t be doing that again.

I didn't even bother taking any photos because it was just not photo-worthy at all.  How disappointing is that?  I live for taking photos of EVERYTHING in Vegas, and to be so disappointed by a meal that I didn't even want to take a single photo says a lot.

I will be back for breakfast at Grand Lux someday...but I will get something really delicious and unusual to make up for lackluster and boring.  I give this whole breakfast buffet experience a 3 out of 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!