Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Link: Bellagio review by Vegas Tripping (and my own comparison)

I previously posted my own review, video, and photos on my blog after a delightful stay at Bellagio in July of this year. I just received the December newsletter from Vegas Tripping and saw their somewhat critical review of a recent stay and thought I'd share the link with all of you:
http://www.vegastripping.com/features/feature.php?feature_id=185&page=1

Bellagio is the nicest Las Vegas hotel room I've stayed in to date. In my experience with the hotel, I found nothing to criticize or fault; the room was fantastic, it was well-appointed and beautiful, and I had a very nice view (even though it wasn't a lakeview room, sadly).

Maybe I'm not picky enough. Maybe others are too picky. You be the judge.

I personally had no trouble finding plugs for my cell phone charger without having to rearrange furniture or become a contortionist. Apparently my room was a little different from the one featured in this article, though, so maybe that's a concern I just didn't have to deal with. I found no stains, burns, tears or scuffs anywhere in the room, either. Also, the amenities were all provided above the bathroom sink, below the mirror, exactly where I've found them in every other Vegas hotel room. I had no problem picking up what I needed to take into the shower with me. I guess I've never been in an extremely fancy-schmancy hotel where I would find extra amenities near the sink, the shower, AND the bathtub. Seems a little bit like overkill to me. Most people either shower OR take a bath, but not both. Why waste the stuff? (I'll end up taking it, anyway, and the maids will replenish everything when they come in for turn down service. Oh, how I loved Bellagio turn down service...)

Maybe he had a room that hadn't been checked or renovated recently. My room appeared to be in tip-top shape. But I also feel that if you're used to staying in 5-star hotels all the time, you're going to look at things a little differently. Me? I was just happy to be there at a very big discount (and equally happy to spend some of Bellagio's money), so maybe I just had too many stars in my eyes. I hope to visit Bellagio again. It was certainly THE MOST comfortable night's sleep I've ever had in Vegas.

Oh, Bellagio...please send me another fantastic offer so that I may once again partake of your lovely hospitality. You were very gracious hosts from beginning to end. I'll be checking my mailbox daily until I hear from you.

2 comments:

  1. The Wynn has 3 sets of toilettries, at sinks, bath and shower, which yes is kinda overkill but really nice to have too. So thats probably where the comparison comes from. But it also had a few scuffs on the wallpaper and upholstry.

    Never stayed at the Bellagio but would love to one day.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess you just never know as far as amenities go - or as far as how your particular room will look when you check in. Sure, I'll bet there are some housekeepers who are way better at supplying toiletries AND taking care of cleaning up a hotel room than others. I have a feeling that a lot of it has to do with how they personally view their jobs, but that's just my opinion.

    I'll take those extra toiletries if you have no need for them, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!