Saturday, June 27, 2009

Vegas in two weeks! I'm ready to meet some friends!

I'm headed back to Vegas exactly two weeks from today.

This should not be a surprise to anyone who knows me, and I'm sure it's not. I know my husband and daughter are yawning at the prospect as I type this. They'll get to eat takeout while I'm gone, so they consider it a win-win situation.

On this trip, I'll finally be meeting up with some of my online friends - all members of the LasVegas4Ever forum - for a big meet at Harrah's. I'm excited about finally meeting some of the people I chat with everyday and putting faces to the names I've come to know so well for the past couple of years, but at the same time I'm nervous. It's one thing to chat with someone online, but the thought of actually meeting them in person is a bit...daunting. Still, I'm very excited at the prospect of meeting so many people I've thought of as friends and getting to know them better. It promises to be a fun time.

We have a few things planned for the meet, but I'm not going to discuss them here now because a few of them are surprises for the members - and they could be reading this entry before the meet and won't be surprised! I will definitely have some pictures to post after the meet so that everyone who was unable to make it can see exactly what they missed. Hee hee!

I've met two of the members before - their screen names are MikeZona and Doris, and they are a very nice couple from Arizona. They will also be attending this meet, and I'm looking forward to getting to chat with them again. Doris and I have a lot in common: we enjoy some of the same authors, ogling Chippendales dancers...it just goes on and on. And MikeZona and I share a birthday and a love for some of the same multi-line penny slots: Gold Fish and Dancing Dolphins Super Jackpot Party, to be exact. I expect some "fights" over machines (and hot-looking, half-dressed men) could ensue after the meet. Just kidding - we'll all get along just fine...

I am very glad that I'll be able to FINALLY meet our "Webmistress", the great and powerful Blonde4Ever, who created the LasVegas4Ever forum and has so kindly led us for the past year and a half, even though there are times when I'm sure she questions her sanity because of our attempts to overwhelm her with silliness.

Lots of other great friends I'm looking forward to meeting, too: Pumitania, Claired67, iampaul70ca, Mercin...oh, I could go on, but I won't. You'll just have to wait for the pictures.

I am also planning a smaller breakfast meet for some of the board members who will be hanging around on the Monday after the meet. It'll be a more intimate setting, and hopefully we'll get a chance to chat and just relax in our favorite place on Earth.

What a great trip it's going to be! I'm looking forward to this trip more than I've looked forward to any of the ones I've taken in the past.

If you'd like to take a look inside the wonderful world of LasVegas4Ever, check it out here: http://www.blonde4ever.yuku.com/directory.

2 comments:

  1. Great and powerful? Hardly!

    You make me sound like the "Wiard of Oz" and we all know what a pushover he turned out to be!
    LOL!
    (Hey..there are no smileys here!)

    I am really looking forward to meeting YOU too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a good trip and some good meets with the regulars.

    Say, the board is down tonight for me. I can't seem to get a connection at all from any links including the one in this post.

    Hope things are okay there.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!