Monday, January 2, 2012

Restaurant Review: LobsterME at Planet Hollywood

That's all it is: a storefront.

My mouth is watering, and all I did was download a photo!
I tried this restaurant - really not much more than a fast-food storefront in the Miracle Mile Shops at Planet Hollywood - based on two reviews from friends of mine from the LV4E message board.


Fact #1:  I love lobster.  Absolutely LOVE it! I love it in a Bubba-from-Forrest Gump kind of way: lobster rolls, lobster salad, fried lobster, baked lobster, lobster and clarified butter, lobster mac and cheese...you get the idea.


Fact #2:  Lobster can be very expensive, especially if you order it at a higher-end restaurant where there are no dollar signs on the menus and things like "truffle oil" and "foam"are regular parts of the dishes' descriptions.


LobsterME is really a fast-food restaurant of sorts, offering a specialized, limited menu and serving items on plastic plates with sides of fries and a Coke, among other things.


But...the lobster is fresh and fantastic.


According to the little menu/advertising card they put in my "to go" bag, all their lobster comes from the Atlantic Ocean and is shipped in daily.  Their two specialty items are the Lobster Rolls and "The Lobsicle" - a fried lobster tail on a stick.  Everything looked delicious.  My mouth was watering as I eeny-meeny-miney-moe'd my choices over and over again.  I really couldn't decide, especially when I looked at their photos.


I ended up ordering the lobster roll because I have developed a weakness for them after having a particularly delicious serving at Holsteins (in The Cosmopolitan) last Spring, but let me tell you I had a hard time choosing my poison.  Lobster mac and cheese?  Lobster GRILLED cheese?  Oh, my...


LobsterME's lobster rolls are served in two sizes: large (1.25 pound lobster meat) or extra large (2 pound lobster meat). They advertise that the rolls are served in the classic "Maine style"; there are no 'additions' to their simple, delicious sauce.  There is no celery or lettuce added, but they are lightly dressed with a bit of mayonnaise, butter, lemon and spices.  They are served on a lightly toasted, split-top roll that has been brushed with a bit of melted butter.  It was still very warm when I sat down to eat with Hayley (she got food from somewhere else - not a lobster fan, my child). The seasoned fries are almost an afterthought, but they are very good and slightly crispy.  De-LISH!  I didn't leave a single bite of anything on my plate.


It cost me $19.95+tax for my lobster roll meal, and I think it was worth every penny.  I'm looking forward to going back again, but I think I'm going to have to flip a coin and decide between the Lobster Mac and Cheese or the Lobster Grilled Cheese.  That might be lobster heaven!  The only think I don't think I'd try on their menu is...lobster ice cream.  I have to draw the line somewhere.


I give it a 9 out of 10, but only because I feel Holstein's lobster roll is still my favorite more for the atmosphere and choices of sides available.  I might change my mind after my next LobsterME adventure!


Check out their website at http://lobsterme.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!