Monday, April 14, 2014

DaVinci Exhibit at The Venetian - March 2014

These are some photos from the DaVinci Exhibit at The Venetian, March 2014.  When I saw that the exhibit would be open while mom and I were there for our trip, I made an absolute plan to go, since I missed the National Geographic 50 Greatest Photos Exhibit in January (bummer).

Cost was $27.50 per person (discounts for students, local residents, and active military available), and the entrance was off The Venetian's lobby area, through a small gift shop.  I spent about an hour or so going through the entire exhibit, which was entirely at your own pace.  It probably would've taken my dad twice as long, since he reads everything and THEN studies the objects intently.

These photos only represent a small part of the whole exhibit.  The first couple of pieces were outside, tempting the people to go inside and see more.
Archimedean Screw



Fan-Type Gun


Screw Cutting Machine


Above the entrance to the exhibit




DaVinci self portrait



The copy of Mona Lisa wasn't well lit.

The size of "The Last Supper" had me looking at it end to end for a long time...

Mechanical Drum




Steam Cannon


Armored Tank



United wing

I had no idea he'd been involved in our modern odometer!

Wax Hygrometer




No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!