Sunday, September 15, 2013

Making a frugal plan for my January solo trip - even though I haven't left for my October trip!

I'm a planner.  It's my thing.

I'm already thinking ahead to January 2014, when I have my next solo trip planned.  That's not to say that I'm not excited about my October trip with my mom because I AM, but my mind is thinking ahead to a challenge: "What can I get for free?"

I'm seriously considering using my Total Rewards (www.caesars.com), my M Life rewards (www.mlife.com), and the myVegas comps I'm planning on redeeming in the next few weeks to get free meals and shows and cover all of my expenses outside of my gambling.

It's not that far of a stretch, really.  My room at Harrah's is already comped, so no problem there.  Outside of airfare (which my family helps with by giving me much-loved SWA gift cards as gifts!), I have meals and entertainment to cover when not gambling.  Is it possible I could become a frugal Vegas visitor like my friend Dewey?  (He's on my favorite blog list, but here's a quick link to his Vegas blog if you haven't seen it yet: Vegas Adventures)  It is possible that I could cover the cost of everything outside of gambling easily.

I'm a low-rolling gambler, but I have enough comps built up that I could eat easily at Total Rewards and/or M Life properties for my entire solo trip without any problem.  Add in the myVegas rewards that I'm earning through playing the game on Facebook and I can also throw in another meal, a show (will it be LOVE again? probably), and another visit to the Mirage habitat, depending on what I choose to redeem.  And I just remembered the Wynn buffet that I could redeem with my points that continue to wait...wait...wait...for me.

So...will I eat breakfast at Harrah's, redeem a myVegas reward for lunch at the Bellagio buffet, see the dolphins and tigers at The Mirage before seeing the Beatles in LOVE once again?  Redeem some Total Rewards comps for dollars and have a nice meal at Mon Ami Gabi on the patio while watching the Bellagio fountains across the Strip?  Try the Aria buffet?  Go for cheeseburgers at Mix when I visit Mandalay Bay?  Another round of Zen mojitos at Fin in The Mirage?  Wynn buffet while I'm taking a break from taking more photos?

So many options, and plenty of time to decide what I REALLY want to do!

Only 33 days until my October trip, and I'm already looking to the future beyond that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!