Friday, September 28, 2012

10 Best Buffets in Vegas? (Link to article, and a few comments of my own...)

LasVegasDirect.com has an article titled "The Top 10 Las Vegas Buffets" on their website.  It (obviously) lists their opinions of the top ten Las Vegas buffets, as well as a buffet 'survival guide' that has tips on everything from waiting in a buffet line to tipping the buffet waitstaff for service, and it includes a listing of Las Vegas buffets at the end.  Here's a link to the website:  Nom nom nom!

Of the top ten buffets listed, I've eaten at six:  The Bellagio Buffet, The Buffet at Wynn, Le Village Buffet at Paris, Cravings at The Mirage, The Wicked Spoon Buffet at Cosmopolitan and Spice Market Buffet at Planet Hollywood.  I have reviews for each of these buffets already listed on my blog if you'd like to read them (click the "buffet reviews" link on the right to check them out).  My favorite two of those - by far - are The Bellagio Buffet and The Buffet at Wynn.  I have been to both of them multiple times, and I would definitely go to either one again.

It seems to be a slightly weighted buffet listing by some, since it lists mostly Caesars Entertainment and MLife properties, but it makes perfect sense to me because I stay on the Strip and I don't venture far away.  Maybe the author of the article does the same, and therefore hasn't ever tried the M's buffet, or the MSS buffet downtown, both of which I hear are very good, but I don't know.

The article does mention the Bacchanal Buffet at Caesars but states that it's just "too new" and that it needs time before they determine if it should be on the list.  From what I've heard about it - and what I hope to experience myself - is that the Bacchanal Buffet is, indeed, very good and should be at the top of the list.  Time and tasting will tell...

For the record, buffets are hard things to review in general, because there are so many choices, and a reviewer (such as myself) may not like certain things, like veal or lamb, or even seemingly innocuous vegetable items like beets and yams - which I call "God's mistakes" because I really don't like the flavor, smell or texture of either one of them - and they won't give what everyone would consider a well-rounded review because they avoid these items altogether.  In addition, I think people who have dietary restrictions or allergies of any kind can't really enjoy buffets the way most people can, because they have to limit themselves when it comes to things like salt or sugar intake, gluten, or even shellfish, dairy and nut products.  Still, I do my best to sample a bit of everything because I really DO like to try new things, and I certainly have a hard time passing up nice buffet presentations...or desserts.

Do yourself a favor and try one of these buffets on your next trip to Vegas so you can see for yourself what all the fuss is about.

1 comment:

  1. Many culinary teams also viewed the buffet as a great opportunity to express their creativity; chef garde mangers and pastry chefs, along with their teams, really had the opportunity to shine. Not only was there an abundance of food, but the centerpieces and garnishes were considered equally important to the whole buffet.
    Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!