Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Link to article: Airfare Expert: How to save on Las Vegas flights

A recently posted article in USA Today by "Airfare Expert" Rick Seany outlines some great ways to save on airfare to Las Vegas:
Expert opinions here


Of course, this advice could be used for ANY airfare purchase.  I know I do a lot of research before booking my flights to Vegas, and I did the same for each of our family's Disney World trips, too.  Mr. Seany's comment about Tuesdays being the cheapest day to fly to Vegas applies to Disney World and other destinations, as well; apparently people don't travel as much and the airlines are trying to get us on board...literally.


If I were to add anything to the article, I would say that, especially when booking with Southwest, book your departure and return flights separately so that you can re-book one (or both) of the flights if the prices happen to go down, which is likely to happen with Southwest because they are always changing prices.  Another benefit of Southwest: no re-booking fees, which is a HUGE benefit with all the other airline fees these days.  The only caveat is that you must use your flight within one year of the original purchase date, so if you re-book a flight or have to cancel for any reason, you have one year to use the flight before it expires.  I think that's a win-win situation.


Happy booking!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!