Monday, March 15, 2010

Leaving Tuesday morning for a 5-day trip...reviews to follow!

Just finished my packing for tomorrow's Vegas trip with my daughter, Hayley, and my mom. It will be Hayley's first trip to Vegas, and I hope to have a lot to report on when I get back.

We'll be seeing four shows: Phantom of the Opera at The Venetian, Terry Fator at The Mirage, Legends in Concert at Harrah's, and LOVE at The Mirage. I have some pretty great seat selections for Phantom and LOVE, both of which I've seen before, because I'm really looking forward to Hayley's reaction to them. I've also seen Legends in Concert before, but I can't make seat selections until I go to pick up my two free tickets at the box office on the morning of the show. Terry Fator will be a new show for both of us, and I have seats reserved almost dead-center in the theater. I've heard great things about this show, so I hope it doesn't disappoint.

We're also doing some shopping at the Fashion Show Mall (across from Wynn and Encore), The Forum Shops at Caesars Palace, and the Miracle Mile Shops in Planet Hollywood. In addition to shopping, I'll FINALLY get to ride the Manhattan Coaster at New York/New York, since Hayley is a fellow roller coaster buff. Throw in the MGM lions, the Titanic Exhibit at Luxor, the Secret Gardens of Siegfried and Roy at The Mirage (as well as the newly renovated volcano), a gondola ride at The Venetian, and a trip to the observation deck on the Eiffel Tower, and I think we're pretty well covered as far as entertainment goes.

Hayley has informed me that she thinks buffets will be the best things for her to try food-wise, since she tends to be picky (hey, at least she's honest); that way she can sample what she likes and go back for more of the same if she wants to. I had already planned on taking her to either the Wynn buffet or the Bellagio buffet because they are both SO GOOD, but I believe we'll be visiting both of them now. Who knows where else we'll end up?

Five days, four nights, four shows, lots of shopping, eating and touristy stuff.

A full reporting on what we saw and did when we return - with lots of photos, too!

Happy Spring Break, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome your comments on my blog. Please be kind!